The Hollywood Hills are a part of the Santa Monica Mountains and also a hillside neighborhood of the same name in the central region of the city of Los Angeles, California.
Los Angeles from Hollywood Hills
Boundaries of the Hollywood Hills neighborhood as drawn by the Los Angeles TimesThe Hollywood Hills are the part of the Santa Monica Mountains.
The neighborhood touches Studio City, Universal City and Burbank on the north, Griffith Park on the north and east, Los Feliz on the southeast, Hollywood on the south and Hollywood Hills West on the west. It includes Forest Lawn Memorial Park, the Hollywood Reservoir, the Hollywood Bowland the John Anson Ford Theater.
Hollywood Hills is bisected southeast-northwest by US 101. The neighborhood is bounded on the northwest and north by the Los Angeles city line, on the east by a fireroad through Griffith Park, continuing on Western Avenue, on the south by Franklin Avenue and on the west by an irregular line that includes Outpost Drive.
Adjacent neighborhoodsRelation of the Hollywood Hills to nearby areas (not necessarily continuous):
|Hollywood Hills West||Hollywood Hills||Griffith Park|
|Hollywood Hills West||Hollywood||Los Feliz, Los Angeles|
Hollywood Hills contains several neighborhoods:
- Beachwood Canyon
- Cahuenga Pass
- Franklin Village
- Hollywood Heights
- Outpost Estates
- Whitley Heights
EducationIn 2000, 54.8% of residents aged 25 and older held a four-year degree, considered high when compared with the city and the county as a whole.
There are five secondary or elementary schools within the neighborhood's boundaries:
- Immaculate Heart High and Middle School, private, 5515 Franklin Avenue
- Valley View Elementary School, LAUSD, 6921 Woodrow Wilson Drive
- The Neilson Academy, private, 2528 Canyon Drive
- Cheremoya Avenue Elementary School, LAUSD, 6017 Franklin Avenue
- The Oaks, private elementary, 6817 Franklin Avenue
Recreation and cultureThe neighborhood includes:
- The Hollywood Bowl
- The John Anson Ford Amphitheatre
- A portion of Griffith Park, including Hollywoodland Camp
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills)
- Earle D. Baker (1888–1969), Los Angeles City Council member
- Jolene Blalock, actress
- Sam Cooke (1931-1964), singer
- Robert Culp (1930-2010), actor
- Errol Flynn (1909-1959), actor
- Stuart Hamblen (1908-1989), country singer
- Billy Idol, English rock musician
- Tom Leykis, radio and internet talk show personality
- Johnny Mathis, singer
- Joel McHale, American actor and comedian
- Simon Monjack (1970-2010), director, producer, writer
- Brittany Murphy (1977-2009), actress
- Kristin Nelson, actress and painter
- Ricky Nelson (1940-1985), actor, singer and songwriter
- Tracy Nelson, actress
- Matthew Perry, actor
- Joaquin Phoenix, actor
- Chris Pratt, actor, and Anna Faris, actress
- Kevin Smith, actor, director and comedian
- Sage Stallone (1976-2012), actor and son of Sylvester Stallone
- Robert and Peggy Stevenson, Los Angeles City Council members
- Quentin Tarantino, film director
- Rebel Wilson, actress, comedian and singer
- Ben Affleck, actor
The information being provided by CARETS is for the visitor's personal, noncommercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties visitor may be interested in purchasing. The data contained herein is copyrighted by CARETS, CLAW, CRISNet MLS, i-Tech MLS, PSRMLS and/or VCRDS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited. Any property information referenced on this website comes from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program of CRISNet MLS and/or CARETS. All data, including all measurements and calculations of area, is obtained from various sources and has not been, and will not be, verified by broker or MLS. All information should be independently reviewed and verified for accuracy. Properties may or may not be listed by the office/agent presenting the information.
Updated: 20th February, 2019 3:24 AM.